Thursday, September 4, 2014

Who Am I?

I really am not one for writing blogs...not exactly what I like to do. But here I am trying my best to get myself out there into the digital world.








Now about me: I am the daughter of a dairy farmer and I have known no other life than that of agriculture. I started with the standard 4-H projects, goats, sheep, pigs, steers and then moved onto something even more exciting- leadership! I had gone to camps loved every moment of it! 

My passion for agriculture came from so many different sources, in 4-H I went to so many camps, conferences, and events that I can't even name them all! My love is still in the program and I go back and help as much as I can. My "baby" from 4-H was our teen council, we didn't have one 5 years ago but thanks to the passion and dedication of some wonderful people we got a club started. At first we didn't really do much but once we got the ball rolling boy did it roll. Our club now hosts a fall leadership event (this is our 4th one!) and it is hands down flat our amazing! The hard work and dedication I saw from my peers is what showed me that passion and drive can create a lot of success. 

 
FFA was kind of something I stumbled into...I didn't have an ag class my freshman year because for some reason I thought band, Spanish, and chemistry were more important. However I was lucky enough to still be involved in FFA. I started my SAE with my goat herd and show animals, next my ag teacher Mrs. Mckelvey asked if I would like to be an alternate on the Parliamentary Procedure team I said sure why not sign me up...the next day she informed me that someone quit and I was now on the team. Since I didn't have enough on my plate I tried out for the demonstration team and made it. I was ecstatic. That first year we didn't do so good at parli pro, but at farmshow, we kicked butt with our cheese making skills and walked away with in the top 5. 

Its so funny what you remember from your childhood and high school, I don't remember what I learned in English or Math but I do remember what I learned in Ag. And that's why I am here today, because I saw the difference in myself in 4 years not because of highschool but because of agricultural education. I hope to be an inspiration to my students one day because I was inspired by my teacher. I may not change the world alone but by gully I am gonna have students who go out and change the world.





Meet Blaze the newest addition. And the inspiration for my blog. He is defiantly the one that keeps me going! Because everyone knows you need something cute and cuddly to get through college. 

And to keep up with my daily living I am on twitter @rachie12rach
and instagram! But be warned there are a lot of bunny photos....

No comments:

Post a Comment