Thursday, September 25, 2014

Brown Paper Bag



My Family: Unlike most families my dad’s family didn’t move to far away. Growing up I thought everyone could walk to their grandma’s, play at the barn with their cousins, and that your neighbors where your aunts and uncles. Well it turns out my family isn’t like most…we all live on the same road and very very close to each other. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. It was a great experience having everyone so close, seeing my grandparents every day, and having my cousins to play with every day. My family is extremely supportive in all of my endeavors, from raising market goats to going to Penn State. They have had my back and are always there for me to fall back on. It’s nothing to get a few text messages and phone calls when I get home asking if I could stop over and come by. I always end up walking away with a little “gas” money and the random bag of food. My family isn’t like most but I couldn’t imagine them any other way. This past month I was convinced I was getting my uncle’s little red car, but my family being the way they are had a surprise just for me when I got home from camping. Somehow they were able to keep the secret even my little brother. I am so thankful for having such an amazing family. They are a large part of me and the way I was raised. Being raised on a farm is hands down the best way to be raised and I hope one day I can give my children the same experience. 



4-H has given me so much from my best friends to life skills. I can’t even describe how amazing my 4-H experience has been and the best part is it hasn’t ended. Last weekend I got to spend it with 40 amazing 4-Hers who have a passion for leadership. I started going to camp when I was 8, it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I met this fiery loud mouth red head who has since become my best friend. I also met some of the most amazing people along the way from leaders to fellow members each has impacted me in a different way. I can’t believe the opportunities I have experienced because of that green clover. I’ve traveled to workshops in Ohio and Georgia, went to so many camps and conferences and even got a Teen Council started in our county. 4-H has given me so much and I continue to give back. I couldn’t find the perfect picture I have so many….so I chose a video we made a few years ago. The memories from that day will last a life time and the friends I made those memories with are still the ones I can rely on to pick me up when I’m feeling down.





 My loves: First family portrait…we just took this…but nether less Grady has made a huge impact on my life these past 2 years. When I first met him I thought he looked a little rough around the edges but you can’t judge a book by its cover and after a few months I saw what was in that book. Grady is the most caring open-hearted person I have ever met. Not only is he my best friend but he is also the biggest rock I could ever need. No matter what he can always put a smile on my face and these days that is all that matters. I know we are young but at the same time we aren’t that young, I do graduate this May. Anyways Grady is now a major part of my life, he is the one I can call at 2 am when I can’t sleep, the one to hold my hand when life just gets to be to much, and the one to make me laugh when it feels like the world is caving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment