Monday, March 2, 2015

Half way there!

This week has been one for the books. From my first FFA week as an "advisor" to my second interview I have experienced it all. This week was full of stress, highs, and lows. I got to see a different side of our FFA officers and saw that its not always rainbows and butterflies and that sometimes you need to step back and let kids learn their own lessons the hard way. Now the week wasn't horrible, just stressful with a dash of joy to end the  week. (well more than a dash more like the cherry for next 35+ years of my life)








I have had my fair share of meltdowns this week and I am really excited to end the week in Harrisburg for ACES


Teacher Appreciation Dinner
The key to my happiness is not how successful I become but rather how much fun I am having doing what I love. This week it set in, and it's set in stone, agriculture and education is where my heart lies. On Thursday I got a call, and I accepted a job as an Agriscience Teacher at Union City High School in Erie PA. I know wow, the rest of my life! But it is what I love and because I love it I know I am going to be successful in life.

Now less about me and more about the fun we had for FFA week! Because lets face it, this experience is for my growth but more importantly it is for them: the kids, our next generation.

Ag Career Day




I have a lot of time on my hands today, well more time than I am use to. Although we are at ACES we left on Friday before lunch so last night I got a full nights rest and I got to wake up after the sun rise!











This week we had a lot of fun, not only in the class room but in the shop and through out the school celebrating National FFA week. A few highlight of my week
Taylor with her dog for small animal science
presentation
  • Getting to dress up and see all the faculty dressed up with the themed week! From Camo to Ag Career day I have seen a lot of dressed up students, and all out Educators & Administration 
  • More Breed presentations in Small Animal Science
  • Ear Tagging lab in Intro!
  • My First observation 
  • Serving up Ice Cream 
  • Traveling to ACES
  • A quick visit with Dr. Foster @ PSU 








Quick visit to the learning resource room with the rabbits
I had such a great time this week, I learned a lot about officer teams, running FFA week and how to handle hard situations. I am learning so much from such a wonderful FFA advisor and mentor, Mr. Honeycutt, and I am so thankful that he will be continuing his mentoring as I start the next chapter of my life at Union City and starting Union City FFA!  So heres to a great weekend at ACES in the advisor role, a safe trip back, and a week full of seeding and pesticide education!















No comments:

Post a Comment