Saturday, February 28, 2015

My First Snow day!

Wow week 6! This experience is flying by, I am still just getting into the hang of this whole teaching thing. I have picked up most of my classes and teaching a full day is very tiring!

On Monday I was set to have my first observation, I came into school on Sunday night to get the class room ready and make sure all my copies were made, the desks were neat, and my posters didn't fall off the wall like they always do. After all my work was complete I packed up and set out for McDonalds to down load youtube videos to share in a few of my lessons. Once I got set up Mr. Honeycutt called and informed me of our two hour delay, I was disappointed I know we haven't had many yet but I still felt so far behind in my lessons and units. As the night wore on I learned that I was about to experience my first snow day, not due to the large amount of snow  but rather -40 weather instead.

I had a lot of fun on Monday, my mother just happened to be on her way to Erie so I met up with her and had a nice day with my momma  =)

We pushed off my visit till next week and its a good thing because we had a 2 hr delay on Tuesday! Now with all this lost time I have realized that school isn't perfect and that I really need to be flexible.






I was really excited to get out in the shop and work with my Ag Mech bunch! Check out the videos below to see the four strokes of an engine! ( We have 5 engines, 3 really nice ones and 2 not so nice ones) So they preformed this in order to have first dibs on engines!



As you can see we had a lot of fun!


Some other things we have been working on in class would be our breed projects! We are wrapping
 up our unit on dogs and getting ready to start our other small animal unit (bunnies!!!) Students were asked to pick a dog breed, present on it, and than if they had that breed at home they could bring their dogs into class on the day of their presentation.



This is Kyle and his young beagle! His pup had a fun time tracking the rabbit who had hopped around the class room the night before

It was a really great experience for me to let the students teach! I learned a lot about dog breeds! Now we haven't gotten through all the presentations yet, thanks to snow days and 2 hr delays, however these past few weeks are all about flexibility!







I am super excited to travel down to state college next week and meet up with my peers to share out our experiences and learn a little about benefits, cover letters, interviews, and health care.











No comments:

Post a Comment