Monday, December 15, 2014

A van, 5$, and a lesson plan...

Can you guess where this is going? Don't worry I couldn't either. Since we are lab #1 there wasn't anyone to spoil the surprise.

So we hopped in the van with our lesson plans and headed over to the dollar tree, Penn State was kind enough to give us each 5$ to find supplies we can use in a lesson(s) of our choice to help make them more creative. At first I was a little stumped about where I could add creativity...than it hit me. In my pesticide education unit! My first lab I was going to have students identify characteristics of pest but wouldn't it be cool if students designed their own pest!?!

So I bought cotton balls, googly eyes, string, mini cup cake holders, and q-tips. Now can you build a pest out of these things? I think you could, using the cup cake holders or cotton balls to make the body and segments, the q-tips as support and the eyes well...that speaks for its self and finally the string could be used for wings, legs, or other body parts.



I know we all say we struggle with creativity but in this day and age we have access to so many resources that can help add that creative spark to our classroom, lesson, unit or day. I know I struggle with creativity but I know where to reach out and find the support I need to get that spark!



One great resource is Pinterest! I have my own account and use it in so many ways! So if you are in a rut check out my page or the awesome Teach AG! page!

No comments:

Post a Comment