Friday, December 19, 2014

A final reflection on lab

I wasn't to sure what to expect from lab, I had seen videos from past years labs in the final presentations but I didn't have a good grasp on what lab really was nor the impact it was going to make on me.

Lab was hands down one of the best parts of this semester, although at times I regretted choosing the 8am section I realized how lucky I was to be the first group. With out having any bias from other labs, I felt our 8am lab got to try things out, test the water, and be the inside voice of what to expect. I also feel the peers that were in my lab made it very unique. We had both Philly kids, a passionate wild life enthusiast who never experience school based ag, the local kid, the resident goat and swine expert and the most energetic, creative, passionate gal out there. Although we came from all parts of the agricultural industry, and came from different backgrounds we brought together some kick butt lesson ideas, classroom management techniques, and helpful tips and tricks to keep the energy and focus on the educator. 

Although we always started a little late, and never got out on time I think its safe to say we had one of the best lab groups. Our diversity gave us each the opportunity to teach a group of "students" who came from all different backgrounds and gave us the "teacher" a great experience! It was a great semester, and Wednesday mornings never seemed as gloomy as other mornings, lab was a great mid week pick me up, and a great experience to try out lesson plans and classroom management skills. 
 
I may not be a pro at teaching, however I feel more confident to enter the classroom ready to handle what ever the students throw at me (hopefully not literally). 

The last week of lab was a great way to end the semester, and to show us all that we were made to be agricultural educators. 

Because we are here by choice not chance!


I'm not really sure what photos would fit well into this blog, I could screen shot some photos from lab, or I could do what I did and search the web for some comic relief  (:



                        Till next time, be sure to follow me on twitter and instagram!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment