Friday, October 3, 2014

Unit Planning...



I really appreciated having to write our unit plans so soon in our journey of becoming a teacher. It was great seeing what I was made of and then having the chance to learn about writing proper objectives and how to make lessons better. I also liked getting to read two of my peers, it not only gave me great ideas on how to make mine better but giving the constructive criticism also gave me the chance to see what my weak points are.  I did my unit plan on Pesticide Education in my Landscaping class. 




Some changes I will be making from my peers suggestions is making my objectives stronger as well as adding more. When I gave them my unit plan, I knew that was going to be my biggest downfall. However, we had some instruction on how to make great objectives and I have now gone back and created more as well as made my existing ones stronger.  A second change I made was to spell out the standards, I have now become aware you have to write them out and I have made that change. I also lacked a few parts of the plan and need to make sure I have all my quizzes prepared. A few points were not made clear such as the certification for pesticide education as well as the career options or why this unit is important. I have made changes to these areas and the part about becoming certified is still in the air…I’m working on it.
  


With this great feedback from my peers I think my unit plan is very solidly built now and I’m ready to take on the next. Having so many great resources to pull from I am confident that my lessons and unit plans are going to be amazing and I actually enjoy making them! Crazy right? I enjoy homework now, good thing I want to do this for the rest of my life. I can’t wait to get started on the next and I know I have a great support system willing to help me along the way! It’s been a great 6 weeks and the next 9 are only going to be better. So ready or not unit plans here I come!

 









            Now for something a little extra!
                                                 Check out this link on lesson plan tips!
                                                               Or this one for unit plan templates and advice! 

Till Next Time,


Have a wonderful weekend! 










No comments:

Post a Comment