Friday, May 8, 2015

This isn't goodbye

I have been pushing off writing this blog because this symbolizes the end of 15 weeks, the end of 15 weeks of hard work, tears, stress, joy, excitement, challenges, adventures and most of all 15 weeks of doing what I love.

I still can't believe I am about to leave the wonderful safety net of Northwestern High School and embark on a summer full of unknowns. Its this crazy thing waking up and realizing that college is over and the real world is speeding towards you. Its a beautiful thing don't get me wrong, its just terrifying yet at the same time this is what I have invested four years of my life towards.

  “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss   

My last week with Northwestern was nothing short of amazing. Except for that 3 inches of snow...Thanks Erie, I'll miss you too.

I am very fortunate to have my path laid out already, I know where I will be working, I know what summer has in store for me, and I know that I am entering a wonderful community. But something is still missing, I don't feel ready to grow up just yet. How can I already be in charge of developing young minds when my own mind hasn't reached its full potential? There are so many questions swirling around in my head that I'm not sure how I'll make it with out going mad...but I gotta try because the path ahead of me is going to be long, its going to be hard, its going to be steep but its going to be worth it.

Unlike most of my fellow cohort I am going to be just down the road from the school that made me a teacher. I am lucky to have created such a strong tie to the community and area that I feel comfortable stepping into a brand new program confident to take on the world.

So Albion FFA this isn't good bye, its simply I'll see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment